The following is the recommended new criteria to have a name added to the Portsmouth Honor Roll. A Veteran must satisfy items 1-3 below:
1. ANY Portsmouth resident who served honorably in the military;
2. Must have received an honorable discharge at time of separation; and,
3. Must have been a Portsmouth resident at the time of entry into military service OR must have been a resident of the Town of Portsmouth for at least 10 years (verification of residency will be confirmed to the satisfaction of the Honor Roll Committee).1
4. Those that have served at least one day on ACTIVE DUTY (not for training) during any of the periods of conflict listed below will be identified with the conflict listed next to his/her name.2
April 6, 1917 to November 11, 1918 (World War I)
December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (World War II)
June 25, 1950 to January 31, 1955 (Korean War)
February 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
August 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon/Grenada)
December 20, 1989 to January 31, 1990 (Operation Just Cause – Panama)
August 2, 1990 to today (Operation Desert Shield/Storm/Iraqi Freedom/Enduring Freedom
1 Verification of residence at time of entry into
military service is documented on Form DD 214 which is required to be submitted.
2 A copy of your Form DD 214 showing dates and character of service is required at application unless you are currently serving on active duty.
You can request an application to be included on the Portsmouth Veterans Honor Roll by:
1. Filling in the form below and the application will be mailed or dropped off to you; or,
2. Downloading the application by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page.